Coffee and Chill Vibes

Photo: Photo: Gwen Hardwick

Senior Avalon Hester performs at Coffee House on March 14. Coffee House provided a venue for the UPrep community to come together to experience the creative talents of others.

By Ian Lee, Reporter

On March 14, University Prep students and staff experienced lively performances in the evening accompanied by snacks and of course coffee.

Every year, Creative Arts Society puts on two Coffee Houses, events focused around students and staff getting together to relax during an evening and show off their skills in the arts.

It can range from guitar playing to reciting poetry to impromptu rapping.

Juniors Kendall Fosse and Kedzie Moe are the current leaders of Creative Arts Society and were in charge of putting Coffee House together this year.

“I think [Coffee House] was pretty good. We had a nice turnout this time around. A lot of people signed up and a lot of attendees joined in,” Moe said. “We even had a couple of alumni from last year come back.”

Coffee House can provide a comfortable setting and cozy vibes that can be inviting to students and make them want to perform.

“It’s always fun to see the people who don’t really put themselves out there, who wouldn’t normally go up on stage,” Moe said.

Acts can range from solo performances, to group ones. Acts can be spontaneous or planned. A lot of them can be quite enjoyable for both the performers and attendees.

“The senior sing-along, which was ‘Bohemian Rhapsody,’ was pretty fun,” Fosse said.

Coffee House is also a place to create great memories with friends and classmates.

“It was all very fun and if that was going to be my last Coffee House, it was a nice one to end on,” Senior Thomas Nielsen said.

An event like Coffee House is created with dedication from both students and staff.

“We just have some specific decorations that we put up, while Ms. Bingham gets all the snacks — all the coffee, all the hot chocolate,” Fosse said.

Coffee House is open to everyone, and Moe said the event would benefit from more attendees and performers.

“It would be really exciting to see some more new faces at Coffee House in the future,” Moe said.