Lets Talk-O About Tacos

A look at some of Seattle’s tasty taquerias

We took a look at the most popular taco places in Seattle to see if paying the extra five dollars for a taco is really worth it.

Rancho Bravo

Run out of a former Winchell Donut’s located on 211 NE 45th ST, We got a beef and a chicken for $2.85 each.

These tacos were decent, but they weren’t anything special. The oily beef didn’t fit into the taco, whereas the chicken was good but there wasn’t enough of it. Also the tortilla was too thick and took away from the taco. Overall, the tacos were just missed the mark.

Rancho Bravo: B

El Camión

We visited the Ballard food truck El Camión and although hard to find at 5314 15th ave NW, once we got to the truck there was nothing negative about it.

We walked up to the little black taco truck and were immediately greeted by a friendly face.

We explored the menu before deciding that the shrimp and chicken taco would be best. We ordered a $3 shrimp taco and $1.85 plain chicken taco.

The tacos were small, but stuffed with meat, avocado, lettuce and various spices. The shrimp taco was delicious, the shrimp were warm, buttery, coated in flavorful spices and topped with avacado. The chicken taco contained a little bit of lettuce and chopped up tomato pieces. The chicken was cooked to perfection, it was how but not dry or overcooked. Although the meat was cooked correctly the taco was slightly bland

however after sprinkling the chicken with a little bit lime that had been placed on the side of the paper tray the taco still ended up being quite satisfying.

In total although the chicken taco was not as noteworthy as the shrimp was still satisfying.

Overall, the taco truck ended up providing not only the cheapest tacos, best tacos of the entire trip!

El Camión: A

Casco Antiguo

In the heart of Pioneer Square at 115 Occidental Ave SW was a small but cute taco restaurant.

Inside Latino music played and decorative lights hung from the ceiling. It was definitely the fanciest and most expensive taco place either of us had ever been to. Getting just two tacos to go cost $14 dollars and took a long time.

When we finally got the tacos, the chicken was completely out of place. We opened our takeout box to see unfit, oily shredded chicken meat outside of a tortilla. It was a total mess. Sadly, the taste was not much better than the appearance. The chicken was similar to watery pulled pork.

Despite our greatest efforts there was absolutely no flavor. We didn’t even finish the two small tacos.

Casco Antiguo: C-

By Melissa Funes and Meher Seera