The Student News Site of University Prep

The Puma Press

The Puma Press

The Puma Press

Quality at a Price

Jujubeet%20Photo copy

Fresh, clean and fruity, that’s the scent that wafted out of Jujubeet, a little smoothie cafe tucked away across the street from University Village. When we stepped in we were pleasantly surprised with the small, but open atmosphere and the simple and bright decorations. Each wooden table was well-paired with vibrant red chairs and nice potted succulents, giving the space a happy, natural vibe. The big windows brought in an ample amount of natural light, really opening up the space and making the inside feel lively.

We were greeted with a genuine smile and wonderful hospitality by the cashier. She explained to us all about their healthy, all-natural sweets.

Most customers were young businessmen or women, grabbing a quick healthy snack or healthy meal on their break before heading back to work.

Smoothies, healthy sweets, salads, wraps and açaí bowls make up most of their menu, all options perfect for any health kick. We both opted for the açaí bowls and sampled a raw cinnamon ball along with a piece of raw chocolate infused with cashew bits.

The cinnamon ball was a blend of raw organic dates and nuts covered in a dust of cinnamon. This little snack provided a great boost of energy as well as satisfying our sweet tooth. The raw chocolate brittle was the best treat for anyone who craves healthy chocolate. It was the healthiest and purest form of dark chocolate, tasting rich with a hint of sweetness. Wraps and salads were made with a plentiful amount of fresh, organic vegetables.

After waiting for quite a bit of time, our açaí bowls were finally made and brought out to us. We were instantly surprised at the heaping amount of food bursting with color and made with a great refreshing blend of açaí, fresh fruit, nuts and homemade granola. It proved to be the perfect lunchtime meal.

Their smoothies and juices were the kings of healthy eating. Filled with all natural ingredients, these smoothies can work as a meal, a snack or just as a hydrating beverage.

Unfortunately this nutritional super food does come with a price. The açaí bowls are $9.50 and most of the smoothies are just as pricey, ranging from $7 to $12.

Despite the expense, Jujubeet is the perfect healthy cafe to go to when you’re in the mood for a healthy juice or meal. The combination of their natural foods and friendly customer service will easily brighten your mood on a bad day.

Final Grade: B+

Though the food was delicious, the high costs and the long wait make this not a regular stop.

By: Jen Wen And Lindsay McConville