Where Are They Now?

Former UPrep teachers report back on what they are doing

Photo: ISTOCK

Ken Jaffe

Location: Seattle, Washington

Job/Activities: Former head of upper school Ken Jaffe retired in 2020, and is enjoying the time away from school. In his free time, Jaffe now enjoys being a certified basketball official, substitute teaching at St. Thomas School in Medina, biking, hiking and playing cards at his poker club. 

Eric Huff:

Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota

Job/Activities: Former English teacher Eric Huff teaches seventh grade English while attending graduate school to earn his masters in educational leadership at Concordia University in St. Paul, Minnesota. The middle school he works at has about 1,900 students. He and his wife had their first child in Sept. 2021. 

Dave Marshall: 

Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 

Job/Activities: Former history teacher Dave Marshall is teaching 11th grade history, 12th grade current events and Brazilian history classes in Philadelphia. As a huge basketball fan, he enjoys going to the Philadelphia 76ers games and is especially excited that they traded Ben Simmons. 

Jessica Hansen: 

Location: Seattle, Washington

Job/Activities: Dr. Hansen is making the final preparations in order for The Hatch School to open in September. It will be an all-girls high school in the Central District of Seattle. She is the cofounder along with former UPrep teacher Sarah Peterson.

Alma Andrade:

Location: Seattle

Jobs/activities: Former Spanish teacher Alma Andrade teaches Spanish to fifth, sixth, and seventh grade students at Lakeside School. The change has energized her, and she is enjoying learning the culture of her new school. She thinks the change was a good fit for her, but remembers Athletic Director Rebecca Moe’s words: “Once a Puma, always a Puma.” 

Da’Mon Perry:

Location: Portland Oregon

Job/Activities: Former middle school athletic director Damon Perry is the associate director of athletics at Catlin Gabel School. In June, he will be moving to Potomac, Maryland to become the director of athletics at McLean School. He enjoys playing with his dog, as well as playing more golf. 

Ray Yang: 

Location: Seattle, Washington

Job/Activities:

Former fine arts teacher Ray Yang is the Director of Equity, Diversity and inclusion for the National Art Education Association. Their job is to focus on these issues while collaborating with the group’s 16,000 members. They work with art teachers, museum educators, artists and professors from all over the country. They have started playing pickup ultimate frisbee as well as darts in their free time. Yang loves working with educators, but misses the students at UPrep too. 

Matt Levinson: 

Location: New Jersey

Job/Activities: Former head of school Matt Levinson is finishing his tenure as head of school at The Pingry School in New Jersey. He is looking forward to moving to San Francisco in July to start a new job as the head of school at San Francisco University High School. Since leaving UPrep, his family has added a new member: a dog named Avi.