Charlie Intro OPED 2016

I can’t believe this year is already coming to a close! I’ve had a lot of fun being the Vice President, and I hope everyone’s learned a thing or two from my MCHAMMER’s. This year’s ASB did a fantastic job of rebuilding ASB, and I think most of the events we had were a big success, mostly due to Merone’s ambition and strong leadership.

As your student body president next year, I’m looking forward to devoting even more of my time and energy for this school. I think the commitment that my fellow execs and I are willing to make is what’s going to make ASB successful in the 2016-2017 school year. With Hannah, Hana, and Nikhil as my other executives, I know that we’re going to be able to achieve a lot.

My goal as student body president is to make a lasting impact on this school, and I plan on doing that in a couple of different ways. The first is dedicating a lot of time to ASB, especially this summer. One of the biggest problems we had this past year was not communicating enough in the summer which led to a lot of last minute planning at the start of the school year. ASB has already thought a lot about what changes we would like to make and have many new ideas for next year, so solidifying those plans in the summer is what’s going to keep us running smoothly during the school year.

In addition, I promise to stay dedicated to implementing the feedback we’ve gotten from the student body this year. Plans are already in the works to solve many issues we’ve been presented with and I’ll make sure that those solutions get implemented fully and effectively. I would tell all of you about the many ideas I have in store for next year, but I don’t want to promise anything that may not happen. All I can tell you is that we are already working on redesigning many aspects of the school, including the student parking lot, assemblies, and the structure of ASB as a whole.

I feel privileged to have the amazing Sarah Peterson as my mentor and leader, as she works tirelessly to improve this community, and she has a lot of ideas for ASB that I’m excited to work with her on. With the help of Sarah, Hannah, Hana, Nikhil, and the rest of ASB, the 2016-2017 school year is going to be the most exciting one yet.